MDS Transmodal undertakes commercial studies for ports, both in the UK and worldwide. The company benefits from 25 years of experience specialising in this field. Our work includes:
- National and international forecasts
- Investment Appraisal
- Due diligence studies
- Long-term strategic planning
- Evidence and advocacy for planning inquiries
- Relationship between public policy and private enterprise
- Analysis of trade and passenger flows and market opportunities
- Traffic and revenue forecasts
- Feasibility studies for new ports, new terminals, and new facilities
- Operational and infrastructure studies
- The development of inland linkages
Projects such as regeneration schemes or planning inquiries are often tackled as part of a multi-disciplinary consultancy team, where our contribution covers the relevant market aspects, from the types of cargo which the port could attract, the potential interest from shipping lines in cases where liner trades are involved and the implications for regional and national transport and planning policies. This type of approach means that we are often the first consultancy contacted by potential developers/investors since the results of the market study will not only define the nature of any new port facilities but also whether the project is financially attractive.
Our Ports and Shipping Capability Statements, which also contain past project details, can be downloaded.