RORO and ferries
In the RORO and ferry sector the consultancy works for ports and ferry operators, government at all levels and financial institutions, providing the following services:
- Market studies for services and port infrastructure, with a focus on determining market size and competition analysis
- Feasibility studies for services, covering both revenue and costs
- Traffic and revenue forecasts for RORO terminals and related port infrastructure
- Economic impact analyses for RORO services and port/terminal infrastructure
- Commercial due diligence for RORO/ferry operators
- Analysis of RORO port hinterlands
- Grant applications for RORO and ferry services and related port infrastructure
As well as having extensive experience of using official and industry statistics and being able to draw on its consultants’ knowledge of the relevant markets, MDS Transmodal is able to produce analyses from its own unique set of databases and transport models:
- The Ferry Databank, which tracks the deployment of the world’s RORO vessels and ferries;
- The World Cargo Database, which is a harmonised global database of trade flows at a detailed commodity level;
- In-house RORO/ferry cost models;
- Detailed bespoke analysis from the UK Government’s International Passenger Survey for passenger traffic between the UK and the rest of the world, as the consultancy has access to the detailed data on passenger movements from the UK’s Office of National Statistics.
- The Great Britain Freight Model (GBFM), which is an economic simulation model that can be used to test the impact of changes in the policy and market environment on the flows of RORO freight traffic between Great Britain and Ireland or European continental mainland at a corridor and service level.
To find out more about our work in this sector, request our RoRo & Ferries Capability Statement here.